During class this past week, my team had to give a presentation. Overall I thought the presentation went well, but there our things that our team can improve on and things that I can improve on individually.
I felt that I knew my material well. I was clear and concise and I did not ramble on for too long. That being said, I felt that I could have been more animated in my presentation. I could have used more hand gestures and facial expressions. I need to keep my audience more engaged.
Our team did well together. We had a good hook to our presentation that drew the audience in. We also practiced a few times beforehand to make sure the presentation was running smoothly. I thought we transitioned well between each individual. As a team I think we could work on paying better attention when each person presents. We must be careful not to glare at the person speaking, but we also must be careful not to let our eyes wander around the room.
I found that one of the hardest things to do (not let your eyes wander). I just felt so awkward just standing up there. We had debated on having the ones that are not presenting be sitting while the other one spoke, but we chicken out at the last end. I think the only way that we are going to get used to presenting is by practice! Practice makes perfect, right? :)
ReplyDelete