As part of our consulting assignment, our group was required to do an online meeting. Our group chose to do ours over Google Hangouts. It took us a few minutes for everyone to get in on the call, and we had a few audio issues, but overall it worked out well.
Meeting over the internet is quite different then meeting in person. It was difficult to make sure that you did not talk over someone else. It was also hard to read other group member's reactions because you could not see all of their faces at once. That being said, out meeting still was successful. We shared documents and talked about details of our project. I am glad that we had the opportunity to do an online meeting because I am sure I will be involved in online meetings during my career in business.
Our group did google hangouts too! I felt the same way about talking over people. It was hard to balance that, but mine went well too! Good job :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything you said! I think it was super convenient that we didn't all have to be in the same place. I feel like we should've done it all semester :)
ReplyDeleteLike the other two comments, I felt the pretty much same as you about the remote meeting. I too felt it was hard to gage sometimes how people really felt. Even though you could see their faces, the video was choppy and at times a bit out of sync with the audio, which made assessing people's true feelings difficult. But with that said it was really convenient to not have to drive somewhere to meet. BTW, cool fish sidebar!
ReplyDelete